40-453 series Cutterbars and Cutterchains:
- Superior steel – BOWDIL utilizes the highest grade of steel available that has been proven in real working conditions for the past 90 plus years.
- Replaceable wear strips – BOWDIL’s replaceable wear strips allow our Cutterbars to be rebuilt countless times, we have remanufactured 25 year old cutterbars to a like new condition.
- Roller bearing cutterhead assembly – BOWDIL roller bearing cutterhead assembly reduces drag on the machine, less drag allows the cutting motor to be more efficient. The head assembly also affords a smother cutting operation that reduces machine, equipment and operator fatigue.
BOWDIL cutterchains utilize a lug/lug chain design, which competitors are not able to offer, this lug/lug design gives The BOWDIL Company a clear advantage. A lug/lug chain offers:
- Increases chain life expectancy
- Provides many chain lacing options
- Allows the machine chain drive sprocket to drive every lug resulting in additional chain horse power available at the cutting face.
- Between every cutting lug a hardened pin & bushing attach the lugs together. This superior design is a bearing type set up resulting in the most productive chain on the market.